Okay, I have to admit the poll from last week's Free Advice was really interesting. I had tallied up the master bedrooms I'd done for my clients and the results were very similiar. Since we are on master bedrooms, I thought this was the perfect choice for free advice this week.
A reader writes:
- Although the current drapery is pretty, injecting some color with a gorgeous chocolate silk and plum embroidery (second fabric ) would add dimension. Taking the drapery to the ceiling adds drama. The side windows can have panels on either side of each window, hung straight, at the ceiling.
- Add a chair uphostered in a textured chenille Plum (pictured last). I've shown some suggested chair styles.
- Add pillows in a Chocolate, Taupe, and Plum stripe velvet and the Plum tone on tone linen (pictured 1st). Consider changing the Euro pillows to any of the above fabrics.
- Add a sunburst mirror over the bed to increase the drama and add shimmer.
- Storage ottomans don't have to be bulky. The one shown is the same dimensions as their current bench at the foot of the bed. It could be upholstered in any of the above fabrics. I'd pick the stripe.